FTP Client for Chrome OS Users
I know there are quite a few people here on Wealthy Affiliate who use Chromebooks and the Chrome OS operating system. Unless we are confident enough to use Linux on our Chromebooks the FTP client used and recommended by many people here on WA - FileZilla - is not available to us.
I've made use of browser based FTP clients on the odd occasion that I've needed FTP access. Notably when I couldn't remove all the files of an unwanted plugin from within my WordPress Dashboard.
The browser based clients are fine but I worried about their security levels. But until this week I couldn't find an FTP client software for Chrome OS.
But then I found sFTP Client. It's available via the Chrome Web Store. It looks a lot like and works like FileZilla and is the perfect alternative for us Chrome OS users.
Most importantly, the support I've had from the guys at sFTP Client has been superb. A 5 Star service.
sFTP Client costs 1$ per month or 9.99$ for a one-off fee.
Technical Details of sFTP Client (from Chrome Web Store description)
With sFTP Client access your Local/Remote FTP server (including your NAS drive), local server, VPS, dedicated server, cloud server or shared hosting.
sFTP Client is all about simplicity, it has been built on the Google Chrome / Chrome OS packaged app interface allowing the app to be fast and responsive. Some of the functionality includes an FTP / SFTP Account Manager to store away and organise your most used and favourite FTP / SFTP connections allowing you to access them with a single click, File/Folder Queue to see your currently uploading/downloading items, powerful text editor (So you don't even need an extra program to modify your code), and much more...
- Standard FTP Connections
- SSH over File Transfer Protocol (sFTP) Connections
- Permission Key File (SSH Key - RSA) for SSH Connections
- FTP/SFTP Passive Mode
- Connect to Remote (External) & Local (Internal) FTP / SFTP / SSH servers.
- Change File / Folder Permissions (By Checkbox or Value: e.g. 777)
- Upload / Download Multiple Files & Folders
- Quick Connect
- Editor Options: Tabbed Files, Customisation
- Drag and Drop Files / Folders
- Manage FTP / SFTP / SSH Accounts (Stored using the Google Chrome Local storage with password encryption for security)
- Powerful Text Editor with Syntax Highlighting (Save, Autosave and Auto Upload Features)
- Keyboard Selection (Move up, down, into (Enter) and back out (Backspace) of directories, includes a search ability to quickly access files / folders by typing on your keyboard)
- Import Accounts: sFTP Client
- Export Accounts
- Rename & Delete Files
- Create New File / Directory
- Refresh Local and Remote Lists
- Sort and Resize Columns
- Multi-Select Files & Folders
- Browse Local & Remote Folders by Path
- Local Directory: Select default local directory per connection as suppose to globally
- Quick Account Menu (One-click to open FTP / SFTP / SSH account connection from your saved list)
- Multiple FTP / SFTP / SSH Account Connections (Tabbed with scroll if you have a lot of connections open)
- Close Connection (Disconnects from server and removes all activity)
- Console Log (Shows all FTP / SFTP / SSH activity log)
- Transfer Queue (Queued files and folders, failed files and folders, completed files and folders)
- New Google Sockets API
- Remote & Local Menus
- Connect and list UNIX and MS-DOS directories
- Copy URLs to Clipboard
- 10 Most Recent Connections
- KeepAlive Connection
- Master Password Login (Keep all your FTP connections safe with 1 login)
- Synchronised Browsing