Day 17 - Learn How to Build a Website Yourself in WordPress 2017
Hey there and a Big Welcome to Day 17 of Learn How to Build a Website Yourself in WordPress 2017 – let’s get on with todays post!
In order to see any of the previous day’s posts – check out My Posts blog roll on the bottom right hand side.
A recap on what I did yesterday – Day 16:
- Recapped on what we did over the past 2 weeks
- Started with Jays training on 21 Minute Ranking Method in 7 Steps
- Went through a breakdown of why some sites rank faster than others
- Made a plan for what content I’ll be posting every week and every two weeks
- Asked you how you’re getting on with your content creation –
- Asked you if you’ve created a plan for your own content posting etc.
So, moving on to today…
We’re going to carry on with Jay’s training where we left off yesterday:
A 21 Minute Reality Check
- So out of the gate (i.e. a brand new site) – Your content will not rank in 21 minutes
- But… as you post content more often this is a huge possibility – Your amount, quality and engagement of content will help your content to rank quicker
- It’s about following the 7 steps consistently – Which follow below:
Here’ What You Need for the 7 Steps:
- Your content – you need to have something already written out
- An image for your content – whether that be a screenshot, photo etc.The reason for having this image is so you have an alt tag – an alt tag is something you have attached to your image that tells the search engine what your image is about
- A video to embed within the content – Jay says you don’t need this every single time – but it helps
- Google Search Console Account – or in some cases it’s called a Google Webmaster Tool – if you don’t have one the address is
Once you have a Google Search Console Account you want to have your site address hooked up to it
There’s some other items below but Jay has broken it up into these two sections
What You DO NOT NEED
- Fancy Ranking Software
- Automation Tools
The reason why ‘Impatience’ is at the end of the above list is because these things take time… Yes, Jay has put up his post about ranking in 21 minutes – and he can do that because his site has authority.
If you keep putting up posts according to your plan - hopefully you’ve created a plan after yesterday’s post – you will be able to rank in 21 minutes as well – Woohoo!
The 7 Steps LIVE!
Step 1. Meta Title
Step 2. Meta Description
Step 3. Keyword in Content – you only need the keyword in your content – ONCE!
Step 4. Alt tag within an image
Step 5. Internal links
Step 6. External link
Step 7. YouTube Video Embedded
BONUS NINJA STRATEGY
- Post it on Google Plus - using meta title and description and then comment
- Fetch as Google - Request indexing
- Resubmit Sitemap
- Request Comments in WA
Google Plus & YouTube are owned by Google – so it makes sense to make sure you utilize both of these tools and Jay says to actively build a Google Plus following as this can help even more
- Will this work on old posts?A. Yes
- Will it help the rankings of old posts?A. Yes
- Should I do this strategy every time?A. Yes
Jay goes through this whole process of posting content starting at 34:28 mins
We’ve already covered this whole process in Day 14
& Day 15
But I would highly suggest still going through the process again as this is Jays EXACT PROCESS of posting content onto his site and watching it again will help solidify the process in your mind.
So if you want to go through his training of posting content within this video he starts this process at 34:28 mins.
Well folks, that’s us for today…
Here’s hoping you’re having a great day…I’ll see you tomorrow as
Tomorrow we’ll be on Day 18 of Learn how to build a website yourself in WordPress in 2017!
Thanks so much for coming along, and once again, you’re most welcome to leave a comment or ask a question below if you wish to do so, thanks and …