Focus on what you CAN do - not what you CAN'T
Lesson from an ostrich
From the human perspective, an ostrich is a strange looking bird - long powerful legs, a large body, long neck and a small head. It's from the family of flightless birds known as Struthionidae and is the world's largest bird.
What's interesting about the ostrich, is that most people know that the ostrich can't fly, and I know people who always feel a bit sorry for the '"poor old ostriches" because of this. And although I don't claim to be any kind of ostrich psychiatrist, I'm fairly certain that this is not the way the ostrich feels about it; because the ostrich only focuses on what it CAN do, without a thought to the things it CAN'T do. It doesn't feel sorry for itself because it can't fly, it doesn't envy those that can, it just gets on with the one thing it's good at - being an ostrich.
My point here, is that we could all learn something from this. We should all focus more on the things we CAN DO at this time, and spend very little time worrying or even thinking about the restrictions currently placed on us. That way, we will make the best of the situation and whatever life throws at us, without descending into a downward spiral of despair or self-pity. As they say, "when it rains, look for the rainbow".
So - what CAN you do at this time?
Since this is a WA blog, I've focused on things you can do here, but you could adapt this for life in general if you wan too. What I've come up with is quite a long list....
- Work on your online business here at WA
- Make sure you're gone through all the training, niche site and affiliate bootcamp
- Familiarise yourself with the Jaaxy research tool
- Search out useful affiliate programs
- Set up your social media accounts
- Make sure you've answered all your comments, adding links if appropriate
- Offer some comments to others to earn credits
- Write and ebook to offer as a freebie on your site
- Write an ebook to sell
- Update your email lists and send your contacts something positive or unexpected
- Contact your referrals and see if they need any help
- Write new content for your website
- Set up a business Facebook page
- Set up a YouTube channel
- Reconnect with your WA friends online
- Update your affiliate links
- Redesign your site to give it a fresh, new look
- Create a video for your YouTube channel
- Help other WA friends by answering their questions
- Watch all the weekly webinars from Jay
- Research a new niche
- Write a training article
- Redo the training - things change
- Help out in the live chat
- Set some new goals and and action plan to achieve them
- Research a new angle such as drop shipping or outsourcing
- Write a WA blog
- Read and comment on someone else's blog
- Analyse any marketing campaigns you have running
- Learn something new about coding, SEO or a technical issue
This is not an exhaustive list either....there will be plenty of other things you can do as well, I just wanted to give you a list to start with, in case you thought you were getting bored!!
So come on WA - make this time at home count for your future success!You know you can do it, so pick yourself up and get on with it!
On your marks, get set, GO!
Wishing you all a wonderful and productive day, as always.