What Percentage Of Individuals Active In MLM and Affiliate Marketing earn over $100K a year?
Last Update: May 22, 2023
Have you thought about this question? Especially if you are a failed network marketer and currently active in affiliate marketing? I was curious so I asked this question to ChatGPT. Don't worry, I am not going to show you the ChatGPT answer. Instead, I used what I found to come up with my own response that incorporates the data they provided.
Any form of entrepreneurship has fundamental, common requirements you must meet to succeed. Hence, it is not surprising that network marketing and affiliate marketing have similar, common requirements too. I'm addressing them in the form of strategic questions:
- Why do you feel this business model is right for you?
- Do you have clear financial goals and the time frame to achieve them?
- Who is your target audience?
- What problems they have or needs they want met?
- Are you marketing a product or service that will meet their needs?
- Do you have the work habits necessary for success?
- Have you created a game plan (business plan) to move forward?
- When do you expect to achieve your initial goals?
- Where are you going to learn the skills you need?
- How are you going to handle obstacles in your way?
How Do You Define Active?
No matter whether you are in network marketing or affiliate marketing, 95% will quit. If you don't quit, you are active. Bear in mind that your level of activity can vary. Your success rate will depend on how active you really are.
Now Let Me Answer The Question I Posed
Less than 1% of active network marketers earn more than $100K. This seems to be a general consensus.
Substantially more than 1% of affiliate marketers earn more than $100K. ChatGPT didn't provide an exact number for several reasons:
- Requires dedicated effort
- Needs continuous learning
- Mandates effective implementation of marketing strategies
- Niche selection can influence your earnings
- Adaptability to changes in online marketing
Why Do More Affiliate Marketers Succeed
Once again, ChatGPT provided several reasons:
- Flexibility to promote a wide range of products and services
- These can be over different niches
- Hence, more opportunities are provided for income generation
- Online marketing skills can be leveraged
- Content creation can be used to build an audience and drive targeted traffic.
All of this can increase the earnings potential of affiliate marketers that network marketers don't have. They are stuck with one company and are limited to the products and services they only provide.
Affiliate Marketers Are In The Right Place At The Right Time
There is a growing list of companies who are adopting affiliate marketing to increase sales. Hence, the huge number and variety of products and services available to affiliate marketers is immense.
Whatever your passion is, you will be able to find products that you can create helpful content to connect customers with vendors.
Affiliate marketers are only limited by their imagination.
What Do You Think?
Can you share your experiences? If you have better answers please share them. That would be awesome!
See more comments