TIps for structuring good posts and product reviews
Last Update: Sep 25, 2014
I recently read a book called 'All about making blog money' and there were a few handy tips I found that I'd like to share with you guys :)
Writing Product Review Posts
- Be careful when writing reviews to promote particular products because at any time you could go from 'advice' to 'shameless promotion' - which can put readers off. With review posts it shouldn't be about selling but about providing valuable information in an impartial manner. A good way to minimize this is to write 1 review post per 5 pieces of other content in order to first build trust and then capitalize on that trust.
Writing Blog Posts/Articles
- If possible, keep paragraph lengths to less than 4 lines and use white space to your advantage to avoid driving readers away.
- Images are effective but overusing can distract readers, so stick to 1 image for every 300 words.
- Use bullet points and numbered lists to break up texts and to make information easier to digest.
- Don't forget to use tags and categories! This will help your readers find related posts and keep them on your site for longer.
Hopefully you guys find this handy, let me know what you think :)