Operation Vegas 2021: April Update - Woo Hoo Traffic!
Hello again! I can't believe it's already been another month. The days are all blurring together now, so it's hard to keep track what day or month it is.
I feel like I wasted much of March, and I kind of feel the same for April.
I didn't accomplish as much as I really wanted.
And it's no one's fault but my own.
With that said, it was actually an exciting month in terms of traffic, which you'll see in a little bit.
My traffic going up has motivated me quite a bit, and I know that May will be much more productive. *
(*I say that now, but don't hold me to it! haha)
Just a side note...
As I've mentioned before, besides blogging, I also work at an elementary school. And one thing we started doing this month is working with individual students online.
So that's something that I've had to put back into my schedule, which leaves a little less time for blogging.
On the other hand, I've been getting myself up early again (usually 5am) so that I have at least a couple of hours of quiet writing time. This makes a LOT of difference!
OK, enough of that. Let's get into the details.
Here's what I accomplished this month:
- Wrote and published 3 posts
- Completely re-wrote a big ol' landing page
- Worked on creating a new pop-up for specific posts on my site
- Updated a top-ranking posts to add more to it
- YouTube subscribers = 351
- Email subscribers = 268
I feel bad for my YouTube subscribers. People keep subscribing to me there, but I don't really produce content. Every day I think "I should make a YouTube video", but the day just passes on by...
I haven't focused on getting email subscribers too much. I am thinking of ways I can add email captures to my site, and that is definitely something I need to work on this month.
Traffic & Stats
Here's what March looked like:
And here's April:
Say whaaaaat? That's a big increase in one month!
What I'm really loving is the average position. That went down nicely! I have around 60ish keywords in the #1 position on Google.
Let's move to traffic.
Now, I mentioned in this post that I hit a milestone on 200 visitors in a day. I was going to update the community when I hit 500 in a day.
Well, I didn't hit that yet, but I did hit 408 yesterday! So I'm not far off.
There was another milestone that I mentioned a long, LONG time ago. I don't even know where the post is that I mentioned it.
But I wanted to update the community when I hit 5k users in a month. And, as you can see, that has happened.
No fanfare for that one, I guess. :)
- January 2019 = 10, 0 Premium = $0
- February 2019 = 11, 0 Premium = $0
- March 2019 = 25, 0 Premium = $0
- April 2019 = 30, 2 Premiums = $39.50*
- May 2019 = 25, 3 Premiums = $47.50
- June 2019 = 37, 2 Premiums = $63.00
- July 2019 = 35, 3 Premiums = $118.00
- August 2019 = 24, 4 Premiums = $149.50
- September 2019 = 12, 2 Premiums = $157
- October 2019 = 32, 4 Premiums = $164.50
- November 2019 = 29, 4 Premiums = $149.50 (+1 Black Friday sale)
- December 2019 = 32, 2 Premiums = $157 (+ Black Friday sale payment = $282)
- January 2020 = 34, 4 Premiums = $220
- February 2020 = 17, 1 Premium = $219.50
- March = 29, 3 Premium = $235.50
(I also made a sale for another program that I promote, but I won't be paid for that for another couple of months.)
So with all that good traffic, my commissions are actually down a bit this month.
There's a couple things I want to mention:
- The traffic I'm getting is from MLM posts I've done. We know these convert lower because it's a slightly different target audience.
- With that said, I'm going to continue thinking of ways to get them over here to WA
- I'm getting more referrals again so hopefully more will convert in the coming months
- You can see that a good portion of my referrals set up their accounts based on the number of credits I have
- I currently have 172 credits, which is a decent amount. I'm going to keep letting those build up.
One Final Note
Someone (rightfully) asked me why I keep doing this since I'm not making that much money. I think it's a great question, and I wanted to address it here.
You can see that I've been working on this site for 19 months now.
I don't want people to get discouraged when they see that. My results are not reflective of anyone else's results.
I have a lot of responsibilities outside of this website. I do what I can when I can. You can probably achieve better results much faster.
But to answer the question...
Why do I keep doing this?
Because I love it.
This website (and the others I have) give me a chance to be creative and express myself. I really love writing. (I really, really love researching and writing about MLMs, so thank you again to Dylan Rieger for that suggestion!)
And, I get to make some money too. So, why WOULDN'T I keep doing this?
Also, I mentioned this before.
I want to make it to Vegas. And I will.
Even if it takes me 10 years. :)
One Final, Final Note
I wanted to work on my other websites, but I just didn't. With that said, I should be getting 2 payments today for one of them.
Now Your Turn
How did your April go? Is your traffic increasing, or decreasing? How were your sales? Tell me all about it in the comments below!
If you have a monthly update, feel free to link it. I love reading about your progress!