Phishing Email - What Do You Think?
Last Update: Nov 6, 2017
I'm wondering if you can help me out with this? I've not gotten anything like this before but since it targets WA, I thought you may be interested. Here's the background:
- I have a site called continuingedswi.com where we sell an online continuing education course to licensed massage therapists.
- The email pasted below was sent to me via continuingedswi.com.
- The email appears to be from focusatwill.com, which is a legitimate website.
- However, the address from which the email was sent, email@example.com is not a professional email.
- Here's the really weird part ... this guys says I'm linking to their site, but the link he has for my WA address doesn't belong to me; it belongs to another WA member. At the same time, he used the contact form at my website (continuingedswi.com) to email.
Could this just be a glitch or hiccup on their end, or, do you think this is some sort of phishing scam?
Here's the email I received. I really appreciate your input and expertise.
=====begin copy of email=====
Rob Wolfe <firstname.lastname@example.org>4:53 AM to support
Can you please help me out real quick with this issue?
You link to my company site on your site my.wealthyaffiliate.com
linking to my site at
I would really appreciate you getting back on this ASAP, as it appears this link is hurting our both sites in Google.
Thanks in advance,
=====end copy of email=====
See more comments