Another Site Transferred from Weebly to WA and WP
I'm on a Roll!
Working on transferring my weebly sites one by one. I've completed my 2nd in a couple of days. The transfer went pretty well. I copied and pasted info from my previous page and created new posts with headlines (H3) and added pics, links to social. Still sort of basic page overall, but can now be added to as I move forward with the training.
Nameserver Change Was Much Quicker
One minor hiccup, is that after I change the DNS server names on GoDaddy, which changed in record time, depending on my browser cookies, the URL says it isn't available. So I searched on my iPhone and it was LIVE. Then I tried another computer, and it was LIVE. Then closed and re-opened a brower and it worked.
My Networks Need Re-setting
At home, one of my networks needs re-setting to be able to work, but at least I know this process now! I will have some time over the holidays to sit and work on my other sites. It's very exciting considering the money I will be saving.
I'm Not Moving My Domains Just Yet
At this time, I'm leaving the domain names at GoDaddy, but will considering moving them too. Another plus, is that I'm getting quicker with Word Press, though one of my HTML sections of text wasn't co-operating as well as it did on Weebly. I can always tweak later.
Recap of Steps
- To recap my process of switching over from Weebly.
- Make a Rubix.Site Page with similar name
- I go to Weebly site, do a quick copy and paste into new website
- Get all my posts and links and pages in order, as well as pics.
- When I'm satisfied, I go to GoDaddy and change the Nameservers to WA's:
- Wait until I see the changes have been processed.
- Log into WA and transfer site, pick it from drop down menu
- Use Move tool on backend and see it turn live.
- Open new browsers to see new page, with old domain name, now hosted by WA in working order!
- Keep tweaking!
Two sites transferred, more to go! That's my latest update!