My New Menu Name Is Displaying The Old Name in The Browser
Have you changed a menu or page name in word press and the old description is still displayed in the browser after you launch it?
When first putting my site together a couple of months ago, I changed the name of two of my menus. I have just noticed that when I currently launch these menus, they show the original menu name in the browser and not the new/updated name that I changed it to.
In addition, when I checked under Appearance then Menus in word press they were identified, listed and named correctly.
Identify What Needs to Be Done
Is there a way to fix this discrepancy? YES
I wanted to share how to implement this correction in case someone else encounters the same issue.
How to Fix It
If a new menu or page name on your website does not match the name displayed in the browser, it just requires an edit and update of the permalink in word press.
1. Open word press as you would normally to edit one of your website pages.
2. Select edit page.
3. At the top of the page click the edit button to the right of your permalink description. This opens the page description box.
4. Remove the incorrect name inside the box and type in your correction to reflect the NEW name of your menu or page.
Note: The words must be all lower case. If the menu/page description is more than one word, be sure to place hyphens between the words. If there is a typo on this description the page may not launch correctly and you will get an error.
5. Click the OK box to the right.
6. Click the update box on the right hand side of your word press screen to update the change to your website.
Just be sure to view your website when completed to make sure the changes took place okay and that the page launches correctly.
That’s all there is to it!