How long does it take to write 1000 words, plus tips to make it easier
How long does it take to write 1000 words
Okay, Let's time it, I start this post at 10:15.
Now most of you know that to have a sufficient post, you need to write 1000 words. How long does it take to write 1000 words? We test that here today and talk about some tips to make writing easier.
When I first started to write posts on my website, it was a bit intimidating. It is now second nature to me. Thanks to Wealthy Affiliate, it is the best way to write for a living.
So at this point, I have 100 words. That seemed easy! What time is it? It is 10:21.
So that means, at that rate, I should be right around done in just over an hour. There will be grammar check and images of course. Then if there were any links to share (if it were on my website) those things can add up to probably another 10-30 min depending.
Moving on to the writing tips
Well, there are a few tips to get better at writing. So Let's talk about how can you increase your writing speed and not feel intimidated by writing 1000 words.
I have hit the 200 mark and the time now is 10:28
This puts me at a near 15 minutes so far. Granted I have had 2 phone calls and had to message someone as well as minor moments of talking with my toddler.
Back to work...
Tips on how to write 1000 words
1) Place your headers into the post, also write a sentence or three under each header. Fill in the rest with the info and details you may have left out. Place the pictures also a description for each picture and all you may need is a conclusion and your done.
300 words now. Time is 10:34
- So why does this work? When you map out your framework also fill in the gaps, you can be efficient because it is easier to focus. If you do not do this, you will be staring at a blank page and it may feel more intimidating.
2) This is my favorite tip... Write a couple 3,000-5,000 word posts. Seriously, this will give you a whole new perspective.
- Why that works? When you write a super long post with 3, 4 or 5,000 words also you go back to a post and write 1,000 words, It seems so short and easy!
Just over 400 words now. Time 10:42
See, almost half-way done. When you look at it, every hundred words seems quite short! It just sounds like a lot. Remember that the next time you are intimidated by the sound of a 1000 word post.
3) Do your research and study, study, study. Keep writing those posts. Become an authority! Have your research and notes ready ahead of time. That truly does help a lot!
- This is a "long term" tip but will help you write faster and easier. You will become more confident in what you are writing about. The more knowledge you have, the less time it takes to write a post. Become an authority in your niche. This is part of the process that is taught here at Wealthy Affiliate.
Okay a bit past 500 words now. 555 to be exact.
This post has been a breeze. There are other things that can help as well. Its important to be able to meet that 1000 word goal.
So where are we at now, the time is 10:54I am not quite ready to tally it up so Let's finish out this post.
600 words now, gosh it seems to be happening faster now that we are closing in to the end of the post here! :)
What if you are a slow writer?
Okay, I have been timing myself and as I write, I have distractions. The clock is still rolling because it is natural to have interruptions and each 1000 words will take a different amount of time to write.
That being said, if you are a slow writer, no worries, it may take you 10 min more or even an hour more. You can do it!
700 words now. Time is 11:04
When you write a review post, it will take longer
So this post has been an "off the top of my head" post. It is easier to write those posts rather than a review post.
When you are writing a review post, having the Headers in place and the research already done and the studying out of the way, that will go a long way in making the 1000 word goal a lot easier.
I like my review posts to be longer as well. There is your 3,000 word post for ya!
800 words now. Time 11:11
What is your experience, are you able to write a 1000 words with ease?
Hey there Wealthy Affiliate members, will you comment on your experience?
What problems do you have when it comes to writing your posts?
Do you have any tips you can share with us?
A quick thank you to all the members who have been part of my success here at WA. All of you mean so much to me and being a part of this community is amazing! Thank you for always being there :)
900 words, Time 11:19
How long does it take to write 1000 words, in conclusion...
Now, just for fun I have been sharing the time for every 100 words. It is in my hope that this has given you some perspective on how long it will take for a mere 100 words and as you can see, it goes pretty fast! Seriously though, if you have not already tried writing a couple 3,000 or 5,000 word posts I encourage you to try it out because after that, to write 1000 words will seem fast and you will wonder why it was challenging to begin with.
1000 words! YAY time now is 11:26
Total time for this 1,000 word post was 71 min. That is an average of 7 min per 100 words. Now to add a couple touch ups and publish it. Done, Yay! :)
1045 words total.