Recommended Reading 11-15
Continuing my recommended reading
11. "Purple Cow"....Seth Godwin. In this book Seth claims that you have to be a purple cow or not, meaning that you have to be either remarkable or invisible. We have all seen cows and the more you see the less remarkable they are. However if you were to find a purple cow that would stand out and be memorable.
12. "Crushing It".....Gary Vaynerchuk. This book focuses on how great entrepreneurs build their business and influence and how you can as well. An entrepreneur is someone who finds a way, he argues.
13. "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion".....Robert B. Cialdini. This is a classic book on persuasion and explains the psychology of why people say YES. The Law of Reciprocation is dealt with in detail amongst much more.
14. "Positioning;The Battle for your Mind". Al Ties and Jack Trout.....Deals with the role of communication in business today, in our over communicated society where very little communication actually takes place. Incidentally, this was judged by Advertising Age as the best marketing book of all time?
15. "22 Immutable Laws of Advertising" Al Reis and Jack Trout.....The authors share 22 fundamantal lessons for effective marketing and advertising, from how to stand out from the crowd, where to focus on your marketing efforts and how to win in the long run.
Enjoy and the next installment to follow on Friday.