What Are Posts And How Do They Work
In most themes there is some means to view posts in the same category as the post being viewed. either through a category link, or a list. You can also put them on a menu.
When you have categories on your menu, all the posts in that category will be displayed together. When you go into your website and click on a category in the menu, a page with all the post in that category will open. This is very convenient and a great feature to have on your website. It's also easy to put your categories into a menu. I am going to show you how to add categories to a menu - which can then be be used as a primary menu or a secondary menu (if you theme supports them).
- In your dashboard highlight "Appearance"and select "Menus"
- In the "Edit Menu" tab go down the left column and click on "Categories"
- At the top select a menu from the drop down box or click on "add a new menu"
- Check the boxes for all the categories you want on your menu
- Click on the "Add to Menu" button
- The categories are added to the menu
- To edit the categories on the menu click on the small down arrow to the right on the category. ("Navigation label" is what shows on the menu - "Move" will change the position of the category on the menu - you can also drag the boxes to re-position them).
Click on "Save menu" when you are done
To position the menu on your website.Go into the "Manage location" tab at the top. Put the menu in the position you want it and then save it
You may also be able to put a category widget in a side bar if your theme supports this.
Thank you for reading and hope you found this tutorial helpful