Ideas for Infographic Designs
Using a program themeOne of the options of using a software programme lime Easel.ly is that they have a number of pre-designed themes. There isn't a great deal of choice, but you can just use a theme and make any changes to it that you want. This was the first one I designed.
Example of Easel.ly theme
My infographic using templateAlthough my infographic looks quite different - I made changes that only took a short time:
- Changed background colour
- Change colour of circles
- Added different text
- Copied one circle and added to right side of diagram
- Increased size of circles
Pros and cons of using a program theme
- A pre-determined theme can offer you a good layout and starting point.
- Can be timesaver if you're not comfortable with using a program like Easel.ly
- Can take longer changing something that is already there, than starting from scratch.
- Make sure that all text is easy to read (some of this is a bit small I think)
- Lighten and darken objects to give more depth
- Even if you use a pre-determined theme - you can still style it to suit your own needs.