HTML basics for newbies
- The text between <html> and </html> describes an HTML document
- The text between <head> and </head> provides information about the document
- The text between <title> and </title> provides a title for the document
- The text between <body> and </body> describes the visible page content
- The text between <h1> and </h1> describes a heading (they range from 1 to 6)
- The text between <p> and </p> describes a paragraph
To create headings you will need any of these :
<h1> - <h2> - <h3> - <h4> - <h5> - <h6>
<h1> defines the most important heading. <h6> defines the least important heading. Don't forget the </h1> that defines the end of the tag!
Depending of which one you used this is what it'll look like!:
To create a paragraph you will need the following :
To create italic you'll use either:
This <b>content</b> will create bold
You can quote things by using : <cite>blabla</cite>
Your text will usually be in italic.
Font size (from 1 to 7)
You can change the size font with this : <font size="3"></font>
It'll look something like this :
To create a hyperlink you need <a href="URL"></a>
If you use <br />, anything following it will start from the next line.You do not need opening and closing tags, because there is nothing to go in between them! =)
PS : The <br /> tag has a space between the characters br and the forward slash. If you forget the space, some browsers might have trouble rendering the line break.