How to choose the perfect niche
Now let's see the second step ...
2. Asking yourself 5 important questions before making a final decision
OK. You have made a few initial choices and now you’ll have to make a final decision. It may seem a bit funny, but the fact remains: this is the point where many people tend to make things difficult by micro-analyzing – again and again – every single factor or available detail.
Well, here is my advice: don’t overthink it! At this point you have only one goal: to choose a niche that will consistently generate money for you. All you have to do, is to ask yourself the following questions:
Is this niche evergreen?
It’s a pretty obvious issue I guess … You are looking for products or services that are always going to be popular. To make affiliate marketing worth your while, you need something that will be vendible – and profitable – 12 months per year, for many years to come. Promoting Halloween costumes – or any other seasonal stuff – is probably not a very good idea if you want to build a steady, consistent income stream …
Are there enough truly motivated buyers in this niche?
Another very obvious – and already discussed – issue. So, again: even the most desperate need is valueless without real commercial intent.
Will you be able to penetrate the market with your campaigns?
Having hordes of motivated, active buyers is essential, but those hordes are completely useless if you don’t have the proper channels, the adequate tools and of course, the needed knowledge and skills to engage them. You’ll have to evaluate carefully the given niche by asking yourself a few additional questions:
- can you easily identify exactly who your target audience is?
- will you be able to reach the people you want to sell to?
- will you be able to get valuable positions in search engines?
- will your preferred promotional methods work?
- are there any online or offline communities – social platforms, forums, organizations, groups, etc – that can help you to contact your potential customers?