You can apply CHI to anything! Life, business, health, etc.
As a martial artist and instructor, my master has always shared his philosophy in having a positive attitude. Positive thinking, positive talking, and positive acting. Every one can think and talk, but not everyone acts. So if you have a dream, think positive that you will achieve that dream. Talk positively that you will attain that dream. And most importantly, act now!
Here's 15 steps to develop your CHI:
1. Know what chi typically defined as. CHI is the circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things. It is a life - giving energy that is believed to unite the body, mind and spirit.
2. Apply the right energy to the action at hand. It would work for, instead of against you. It's like getting the right tool or man for the job!
3. Realize that chi is more of a journey than a destination. It's a psychological power that engages your mind to finding more possibilities on how to move on from that awful situation you were entrapped in and puts you in the exact place you need to be - blending energy into what is needed rather than forcing energy into actions and situations.
4. Relax your body at all times. This is mandatory for the chi energy to flow freely through it. Yoga exercise and martial arts is one of the best ways to relax, exercise, connect to the center and as well develop CHI.
- Yoga postures can be used to strengthen and stretch muscles, joints and connective tissues. The emphasis on lengthening the spine in every pose combined with twisting postures; it irrigates vertebrae, keeping them youthful even into old age. It helps promote the flow of energy through the nervous system and assist in the assimilation of toxins.
- Still on yoga, it prevents, relieves or eliminates many symptoms and conditions, including hypertension, arthritis, osteoporosis and diabetes. It also affords mental and emotional fitness which gives you a deep sense of well being, a sense of relaxation and clarity of mind! Isn't that amazing, so hey you had better start up a yoga lesson.
- Martial arts on the other hand are differentiated as being either external or internal. The external use muscular force, speed and sheer strength to produce power. They emphasis linear movements, high impact content, jumps and kicks. The internal martial arts use what the Chinese call "wise force" to overcome opponents. They combine internal chi energy with muscle strength to produce power. Martial arts practices the internal arts which if included with standing/sitting meditation and exercise helps develop a CHI.
5. Build your outer strength to get the inner strength. Just like the yoga and martial arts exercise; working out muscles to exhaustion and then letting them rest will allow these muscles perform at a stronger and quicker pace the next time they are asked to perform that same task again. The more often you perform a difficult strength task, the more inner strength you create or build. Writing 3000 or more words daily might seem a difficult task (seriously, it is to me!), however the beauty in it is when you get it done the first time, you will be motivated to do even more the next time you do it and it goes on and on...familiarity builds endurance, speed and power!
6. Sharpen your mind at all times. Open your mind to new things, get exposed, seek, find and gain new experience. We learn daily you know, and we can only cease to learn the day we die! The mind controls your body for good or bad and CHI comes from a balanced use of the mind and body. Read books, Play games that would get you thinking (I love to play chess, because it keeps my mind and head open and clear)
7. Obtain a high dose of self. Esteem is very attractive, doesn't cost a thing, and builds no stress in you. When you believe in yourself and turn deaf ears to the creeping voice of FEAR in you; belief in your abilities and your spirit would surely come alive! Move with the right people who would appreciate you and criticize you for your own good and not against you!
8. Work on your imagination. Our ability to imagine and see things beyond the naked eye is very powerful, and its the same for every being (though some realize it and use it powerfully and others do not even know they've got such power). Imagine yourself in great platforms, beautiful things like you going out on a date with that cool dude or beautiful lady you've always had a great crush on, or imagine yourself winning that prestigious award and everyone applauding you and you are filled with so much joy and tears gather in your eyes... just imagine, scream it out loud if that would help you make it so real. Just unlock the door to the world of your own imagination!
9. Add excitement to your daily routine. Be creative, for example singing or dancing while washing those dishes;(avoid breaking a dish though),getting the laundry done or cleaning the house. Whatever it is you find your self doing, keep the fun going and let nothing take that from you.
10. Become an expert at what you do to remain strong and gain strong chi. The rule of thumb here is practice, practice, practice. You might ask, "what exactly am i to practice?" The answer to that question which you might have raised is, keep exercising, keep imagining, keep being excited, keep believing in you and keep doing all of it over and over and over!
11. Learn that becoming a person of peace, a calm, serene person who eliminates stress and worry in his or her life can develop a CHI. Peace or Stress works on the body, mind and spirit, which can either clog your life with utter chaos or open your existence to see things and view situations with a deep and positive mind!
12. Shine at whatever you are doing and whatever you may be. Nobody is attracted to a dull and gloomy personality, but think about the opposite. At your place of work, your school, your home or neighborhood, where ever you are, keep SHINING...SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE develop CHI!
13. Use what you are born with it. You are UNIQUE and born with special abilities,but it remains there if you refuse to explore it and that, you should always have at the back of your mind. The MOST POWERFUL CHI is when you have something good, and you give it to others so that they can have something good also!
14. Keep smiling. There's no other greater magic to heal a hurt and depressed the body, spirit and mind. So if you don't know how to smile, LEARN how to do that, it's good for your health! It's all a matter of time, take it slow and with ease and confidence and you would get your CHI.
15. Chi is like an ancient, inner wisdom, forgotten by many because of the commercial bombardment of materialism on TV, among other reasons. But it's a real phenomena, like the beloved, modern myth of Star Wars, seek out your own wisdom figures like Obi Won and Yoda. Masters of Counselling Psychology can be excellent starting point "connections" as well. But be aware, sometimes you may connect or you may not connect. If it doesn't obviously feel good, then try a different counselor until you truly do connect with somebody. Chi is not a superficial thing. It's deep within you. Find the golden path, my friends and the person whose words are truly golden! And you may be surprised and real your own dreams become!
- Rochiemar Carson