Two Years Ago Today, I Joined WA
December 27, 2012, battered and broke, I finally found the review that would change my life forever. The online "opportunity" I was in...was a scam! Go figure.
But, like many here, that review provided the link to my future...and like the determined entrepreneur I was, I followed the link and landed at this place called Wealthy Affiliate. As I recall, I didn't sign up for my free account right away but I kept coming back throughout the day and wondering if I should sign up. Finally, I figured, what the heck, the kids broke our bank that Christmas and WA was free, might as well "cash in" on something.
And two years later I'm still here. Have I learned anything? Well, slowly:
- Thank goodness Kyle and Carson have been patient with me, both have given me lots of one-on-one time and suggestions for my website.
- I've known that I'm not the most astute businessman; in fact, I'm not astute at all (JK). And I struggled with understanding Bootcamp, doing product reviews, and selling...period.
- But I stuck it out, I listened to myself and others, and now my creative juices have been flowing as I've finally followed my passion for writing. I'm working on my 3rd book and hope to have that many more written next year.
- But writers need websites,too, which is why I still need WA. Not only for my own books but to do reviews on other books and programs that promise writers how to get-rich-quick writing eBooks or such nonsense. And I keep coming back here to redo the lessons that I need (building an email list is my goal for 2015).
- Believe in yourself,
- Be patient with yourself,
- Learn from and lean on the WA community
These are the things that what will help you through your first two years of working online. Oh, by the way, I'm not battered nor broke anymore.