How To Turn Your Writing Web Content From Blah Into Fantastic
Many of you are new at blogging or writing web content so I want to suggest to you a few tricks and tools to make your blog posts a success.
A Few Tricks
- Have a person in mind when you write; you'll find it a lot easier to write in a conversational style, the way you would write to a friend.
- Write each post for that one keyword; that keyword should be in the title, the first paragraph, one other time somewhere, and in the last paragraph.
- Make short sentences and only three to four sentences per paragraph.
- Add subheadings (like I did here) and leave white space for it is easier on the eyes.
- As for color, black writing on a white background is usually preferred although you may use a very light background color. Never use the reverse (white on black) because it is hard to read for any length of time.
A Few Great Tools (Free)
Still having some trouble deciding on a domain name you'd like? You can type your keyword(s) and it will give you some other ideas:
Would you like to generate some great titles for your blogs or posts? I love this one:
http://tweakyourbiz.com/tools/title-generator/inde... (secret: my blog title comes from here)
It is a good practice to always have a picture with your article. Searching the web, you'll find many free pictures but make sure you always use Royalty Free or Public Domain. Here is a great site that refers to 20 sites with free pics:
You may also want to resize your pictures so that your site loading time is minimized. Here is a good free tool:
Before you publish, make sure your grammar is checked. You can use this tool for free (that's what I do and works very well) but only for PC's not on Mac users, sorry. Update: it seems to work on a Mac too, so maybe give it a try!
Now you have another great base to start... so let your imagination flow!
To your writing success!