Gratitude in Time of Coronavirus
As we all know, we are currently living an unusual time where, in order to reduce the risk of getting the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have to go on lockdown.
This action reduces our face to face social contact which is essential to the human being. In addition, there is a good list of consequences that keep growing and keep increasing the stress levels in many people.
I have been practicing the power of gratitude as a way to improve my well-being, and today, I want to share my list of 10 reasons why I am grateful about the times we are living now.
I’m grateful for:
- I’m alive and my love ones are alive too, and every day is a gift.
- Enjoying my family time each day, several times a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner together. What a blessing!
- Acknowledging what is really essential in my life now and what is extra or luxury.
- Appreciate that we live in a world of abundance, many options, many brands, and many of everything. Now if I found paper towel, I won’t even look at the brand. I was taking that for granted.
- Realizing that many of my problems are disappearing or have less importance or weight because what really matters now is staying healthy, since without health, nothing else can be resolved.
- Understanding that it doesn’t matter who I am or what I have, the only way to avoid getting the coronavirus is following the recommendations.
- Being more connected with people, showing more love, showing that I care.
- Looking for ways to help others in any way.
- Knowing the value of a hand sanitizer, water, soap, alcohol and anything that can protect us from getting the virus.
- The medical staff in all parts of the world who really put their life at risk just for saving other lives.
A daily gratitude practice is good for us. It helps to reduce stress, get better sleep and stay healthier. I invite each of you to practice daily gratitude by finding 5 to 10 reasons why you are grateful. You will be amazed on how you will start to feel better and to find more reasons to be grateful.
Would you like to start now by sharing your first reason to be grateful today?
Blessings and stay home!