New Membership Site Progress Update
Well, I have been hard at work on my new membership site and I think I have it all ready to go except for setting up my mailing list back-end. My new membership site offers the following features:
- Live Chat - Not only can my members chat in a group room (much like WA's offering) but they can also private chat, member to member, and even video chat one-on-one!
- Forums - My site is about angel investing and sharing information. To that end I've setup forums as the primary information sharing medium.
- Social Networking - Members can set up groups, friend other members, see each other's activity, publicly and privately message each other and more.
- Events - Members will be able to create events and have other members register for them, etc.
- Blogging - I'll be writing posts to cover angel investing education and provide reviews, etc.
I've also added features I think will make the site more user-friendly:
- Membership Management - All users need to register for an account. By doing so, all their activity and posts will be associated with their account and display their username and profile image.
- Social Registration and Login Capabilities - Users have the option of setting up an account manually or they can register and login using one of their existing social network accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn.
- Contextual Sidebars and Widgets - I restrict sidebar displays based on several factors; is the member logged in, what feature of the platform are they on, etc. By doing this I'm able to prevent the sidebars from showing up at all if a non-member or member who is not logged in views the site and I'll show either the left or right sidebar, with related widgets, based on what page the member is on.
As you can tell, I'm pretty excited about it and I just need to get my mailing list setup all figured out.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the site in general. If you're willing, check it out at https://angelpowwow.com and let me know what you think.