Quick comparison between sites, social medias and blogs
Sometimes people want to be all over the place:
- Social medias like Facebook, Twitter, G+, Instagram, etc...
- Blogs like Blogger, WordPress.com (not to confuse with the WP platform we have here), etc...
And so on
- And, OBVIOUSLY, on their web site
It IS a good idea to try to be as visible as can be, but you've got to put some structure in what you do IF you want to do it RIGHT. ;-)
Consider the internet like roads :
- social networks are like highways, people come and go fast, they barely overlook your post, you need to attract their attention QUICKLY AND EFFECTIVELY
- blogs (like elsewhere, where you don't do reviews) are like boulevards, people still go fast, but at least they have a bit more time to see what you put there
- your WA site : like the little residential streets where people take the time to go slowly and see (almost) all of what you put there ;-)
How to proceed :
- Start by building your site
- Once you have a good quantity and quality of content, THEN start going on other blogs (boulevards) and social networks (highways)
As always, your comments and addons to my post are welcome ;-)