How To Sell Your Domain Name on NameCheap
There will come a time when you want to sell your domain name because you no longer need it or you just want to flip it to make a profit like real estate owners did before the real estate crashed a few years ago.
Owning a domain name is like owning real estate. They can become more valuable over time and you can easily sell them for a profit just like someone selling a house. Fortunately, many of these websites where you can buy a domain name also have a place to sell them.
NameCheap.com has a place called "The Marketplace" where you can put up a "For Sale" sign telling others that you have a domain name for sale and that it is currently on market.
Below are the steps for selling your domain on NameCheap.com:
- Sign into your account
- Click on your user name in menu bar in upper left
- Click on drop down Manage Domains tab
- Click on the domain that you wish to sell
- Enter the selling price of the domain and a brief description
- Enter how many days you want to list it in the Marketplace and
- Select a domain category
- Chose "Yes" button if offer is negotiable, "No" if price is firm
- Finally, click "Add" button to list domain for sale
There you have it. Selling a domain name is straightforward. It is a lot simpler than selling real estate.