Your Website is Your Storefront. Does it Invite People in?
I had been so pleased at having developed my website that I hadn’t got around to checking whether it matches up or not?
On reflection it’s looking good. Thanks to the help I have received here at Wealthy Affiliate.
I have to keep in mind that when someone clicks on it they get their impression not mine.
When someone clicks on my website they will decide whether it is:
- Run by a legitimate operation
I need to have answers to the following questions:
- Does it have credibility?
- Does it look professional?
- Does it compare well with websites on a similar topic?
- Have I been too fussy about how it looks rather than ensuring the content is valuable?
- Is the main aim of the website evident?
- Is the content updated regularly and relevant?
- Is the content interesting and to the point?
- Is the contact information easy to find?
- Is there an address and phone number? Does it work on the major operating systems, web browsers, tablets and smart phones?
- Does it mention people involved in my organization? This adds credibility.
- Does it have my photo?
- Has it been critiqued by someone I don’t know who can give me a knowledgeable opinion?
A great website has:
- Great content
- Great Design
- Plenty of Links
Thanks to Wealthy Affiliate I have ticked most of the boxes.