Steady Progress-building a list and paid advertising
Thought it was about time I update my blog! I have noticed my rankings have dropped quite a bit because I have not been as active in the WA community-but that is because I have been so focused on my site and getting an email list happening.
This is what I have been doing lately:
- Creating lead magnets for list building.
- Learning how to work out Lead Pages for my optin tool.
- Took some further affiliate marketing training from another site to deepen my knowledge. I probably could have gotten the extra training here at WA but sometimes you don't know what you don't know (if you know what I mean?). Now at least I know what to look for within WA to get more information. WA still my foundation site for online education!
- Learned about some Facebook advertising in terms of Cost Per Conversion and tested some ads. This has definitely helped my list grow but I am far from getting the funnel optimized. Lots of testing and tweaking to come.
- Creating a follow up series within my email list where I offer 2-3 free things for 2-3 emails, then I make an offer for a course or product of some kind in the 3rd or 4th email follow up. I am continuously adding to the email series.
Blog posts have dropped down as I have been focusing on list building more than content on my site, which resulted in my Alexa ranking dropping, but now it has bounced back again as I kind of caught up. Can't believe how quickly google picks up you have not been adding content to your site!
There is no way I have time to blog everyday plus do everything else I am trying to do, so I decided to work more on a sales funnel than getting content on my site everyday. Ideally you would do both, but there is only so much time in a day and I have a toddler running around the place plus I work part time, so not many hours left after all that.
To be honest, I am not sure why WA doesn't spend more time on emphasizing the importance of building an email list. It just seems like one of the main ways you can build a fan base. But I guess WA is more about getting a quality blog up and running, and then going from there. It depends on what your goals are. But for me, blogging until my eyes go dry every night seems like a really slow way to make money online. Not that there are any shortcuts, but some approaches take longer than others!
Have been doing other things too, but it all seems like a bit of a blur in terms of the amount of info I have been trying to absorb.
However, I can report that more sales have occurred!
Hope you are all doing well. Will try and be a bit more active in the WA community.