First Month At Wealthy Affiliate 2021
Finished My First Month!
Woo hoo! I just finished my first month (April 2021) at Wealthy Affiliate since upgrading to premium!
When I first found WA, I really wanted to get a good idea of what would be possible month-to-month through this program.
I signed up for a free account and explored it for a few days, and honestly the insane amount of value offered even through the free membership blew my mind.
After those first few days, I decided I might as well give the premium membership a try (it's only $19 for your first month).
I Listed My Accomplishments
During my first month with the premium membership, I made a note of every task or goal I accomplished. I mean everything. One comment on my website? Another checkmark!
Honestly, I wanted to determine for myself whether the premium membership would continue to be worth my money. But I also knew my little list might come in handy for those like me looking to see how much you can do with WA in your first month.
If you're looking for something like that, hopefully you find this helpful!
I Have A Full-Time Job
Something to keep in mind: of course everyone's outside situation is different. I currently work a full-time job that has nothing to do with the online world or any sort of marketing.
I'm able to set some time aside with purpose for Wealthy Affiliate each week (almost every day), so it's been a little more than "spare time" work. But it's definitely been less than a part-time job that takes 20 hours a week.
This is how I'm fitting Wealthy Affiliate into my life right now, I'm sure it works differently for everyone.
Here's Everything I Did
- Became familiar with WA website and community
- Completed all 5 lessons of online entrepreneur certification
- Read the blogs of the most successful members
- Read through many other trainings, watched other classes
- Set up WA account, defined my money goals
- Chose a niche, set up the backbone of a website
- Bought a domain, transferred site to the new domain
- Created site users domain-specific email accounts
- Customized site layout, theme, and other settings
- Set up Google Search Console and sitemap
- Set up Bing Webmaster Tools and sitemap
- Signed up for free SendInBlue email marketing
- Created an embedded subscription form
- Offered and received site feedback
- Offered and received site comments
- Website indexed by Google!
- Began keyword research
- Created a consistent posting schedule
- Published 2 keyword posts then 1 product review
- Published 2 keyword posts then 1 buying guide
- Added at least 3 internal links to each post
- Joined a few affiliate programs and networks
- Signed up for Google AdSense and Analytics
- Added affiliate links to content before publishing
- Set up a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
- Connected accounts to website and to each other
- Posted a "welcome" message to each account
- Posted links and descriptions of all content
Is Premium Worth It?
I'm so happy with all that I've been able to do in just my first month through Wealthy Affiliate. The training, extra classes, question boards, and blog posts have been so helpful and inspiring.
I've definitely been convinced of this program's value. If you're willing to follow the training and do the work consistently, WA gives you the perfect opportunity to successfully start and grow your own online business.
Obviously I haven't made any money yet; this isn't one of those unsustainable get-rich-quick schemes. But I've already had a noticable increase in traffic to my website and engagement with my social media accounts. I'm happy to be indexed by Google! It only gets better from here.
Thank You WA Community
I also want to add: the community here is amazing. It's crazy how engaged and personal everything feels, and it's so much fun to see other people succeeding every day!
For now, I'm focusing on my own niche website and producing consistent, quality content. But I've been very impressed so far by everything at Wealthy Affiliate, so I'm thinking I might look into the Affiliate Bootcamp courses too at some point.
Hopefully this post can be helpful to some of you out there. I'm planning to keep records like this every month, and eventually that'll include income reports! I'll definitely include any struggles or roadblocks along the way to give an honest and real-time review of my personal journey with WA.
Feel free to reach out, let me know below if you have any questions or comments!