Personal Development 101: Morning Routine
Last Update: Jul 9, 2017
I love personal development and can soak in quotes for hours at a time, if I'm bored enough.
Actually, now that I'm building up my blog and dropping in now and then here at Wealthy Affiliate, I can only afford to spend a few minutes reading quotes.
That's why I love reading quotes that others have posted like those by johnwnewman.
Today, I want to discuss morning routines.
My Old Morning Routine
I used to do the following:
- Check my Wealthy Affiliate rank and dashboard
- Check my inboxes
- Read my favorite blogs' feeds and comment
- Read my social media feeds, like, love, tweet, retweet, comment ... heh, heh, heh. Phew!
- Make my bed.
- Clean my CPAP machine's hose and nasal pillows (I have sleep apnea).
I've read enough books and blog posts. I've listened to enough audiobooks and podcasts. I've watched enough Ted Talks and YouTube videos. They all tout the importance of having a morning routine.
And they give very specific examples of what I should do.
But I haven't fully implemented them, yet.
My New Morning Routine
Hal Elrod calls his morning routine the "The 6-Minute Miracle Morning." I like that a lot.
I just recently published a post on my blog about morning routines.
I've committed to do the following, publicly ... [gulp]
I'm not going to log in to my computer, smartphone, or tab until after I've completed the following:
- Have a quickie - What? Yes. If you must know, take a look at my blog post. - no change
- Meditate - What? Really! - new
- Drink a fat-plus-stimulant drink - new
- Journal with pen on paper - This is gonna be tough because I hate physically writing. - new
- Practice gratitude - Write down in my journal what I'm grateful for and have a plan for the day. - new
What Is Your Morning Routine?
See more comments