5 Tips to Marketing When Your Not Online
Hello Everyone! Earlier I was inspired by NY's blog 25 Tips to Market Your Blog (On the House!) and today I just wanted to discuss some great offline marketing tips.
When marketing your website you are also marketing yourself. It's your creation and content that ultimately are going to drive people to your site. There are so many ways online to get people to visit your site, often times we forget about all the day to day opportunities we have to drive traffic to our sites.
So here are some ways to put the word out about your site when you are away from your computer. Always be networking :)
1. Get Business Cards- this is a definite must. You may not think about it if you aren't selling your own products but think about this you are selling your site, whether it's an affiliate site or a niche site. So when you meet someone new, give them your card.
2. Make a brochure or Newsletter- Some businesses will allow you to leave brochures or newsletters on counters for people to take one. Try to find an appropriate place that is niche related and see if they will allow this. I personally have taken many flyers from counters. Some places I have noticed they often allow this is small businesses- boutiques, record shops, book shops.
3. Make use of community boards- Many supermarkets and pharmacies still have these kind of cork boards find them in your local city and post a flyer for your site/business. Student centers often have these types of boards as well and college students are usually looking to make extra income if you are promoting WA.
4. Don't underestimate the power of goodies- People love "swag" make up some t shirts, pens, notepads etc, give them out to friends or family to use and at the same time they are promoting you! Use these things yourself. It may come in handy, say your at a store and someone needs a pen let them borrow yours and then let them keep it. They will most likely check out the site out of curiuosity and this may bring a new customer.
5. You can also give out your business card/newsletter/brochure to people you think may benefit from your knowledge. Leave one along with a tip for a waitress/waiter or hotel maid when you are travelling. It may be just the kind of thing they have been looking for.
I hope this is helpful to some of you out there. Thanks for reading!