How to Get Your Site Seen by Google Faster
So I found a keyword that had 0 QSR competition and decided to write a post around the keyword. This was over a week ago. So today I checked to see if my site would show up under that keyword. When I searched using the quotes "", Google said that no results were found. SO I was wondering how to get Google to see my site faster. So I discovered that Google has this really neat webmaster tool that allows you to send your site or page to them to be crawled faster. Crawling is this really neat algorithm / machine learning software that searches your site and categories and ranks it accordingly.
Here are detailed instructions:
- Go to: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ and log in or go directly to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url?continue=/addurl
- If you haven't already, add and verify the site with the "Add a Site" button
- Click on the site name for the one you want to manage
- Click Crawl -> Fetch as Google
- Optional: if you want to do a specific page only, type in the URL
- Click Fetch
- Click Submit to Index
- Select either "URL" or "URL and its direct links"
- Click OK and you're done.