How To Fix HTTP Error In Word Press
Have you ever gotten one of these while you were attempting to upload an image into your Word Press Media Library?
I have gotten this kind of error message several times and IT IS ANNOYING! In fact, this is a screen shot of an error I received tonight while trying to upload an image.
How Do You Fix An HTTP Error?
I'm glad you asked. There are a few simple solutions to fix your problem.
- Sometimes the image you are trying to upload is too big; try decreasing the image size.
- Try changing your image's extension. (Change a PNG to a JPG or a JPG to a PNG) Then try uploading it again. This is the solution I use most often, and it has worked quite well.
- Sometimes the error can be triggered after you install a plug-in. If this happens, deactivate it and try loading again.
- Update your Word Press. Make sure you have the latest version of Word Press running. Then try uploading your image again.
- You can also go in and add special code that will fix the problem, but this is far above my pay grade, so I won't even attempt to try to tell you how. :)
- If all else fails, contact support.
I hope this has been helpful.