Best Muhammad Ali Quotes
Today is the anniversary of Muhammad Ali's death. He died on this day in 2016 from Septic shock caused by respiratory illness at the age of 74.
Even if you are not a boxing fan (which we are not!), you will know that he was know by many as the Greatest boxer to have ever lived. Born Cassius Clay in Kentucky we changed to Islam and therefore changed his name when he was 22.
Now, he wasn't just known for his boxing feats he was also known for some incredible quotes which have become legendary.
Thought you might like to read some of his most famous (and our favourites):
- "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" - probably his most well known.
- "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
- "Don’t count the days; make the days count." - absolutely love this one
- “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
- "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
- "I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'”
- “Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right.”
- “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it."
- "I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was." - True fake it till you make it mentality!
So, which is your favourite?
Let us know in the comments.