What's the rush?
Where's the fire?
- What HAS to be done now?
- Prioritize everything... gotta do, may do, not gonna do.
- Yellow pad works fine.
- Do you have a todo list? Work it... don't let it work you!
- Will you be missed at the meeting?
- I'm just as guilty, but that's changing!
- At 82, almost 83, I'm deciding what's important and what's not.
- Tired of everyone else telling me what is important.
Pilots have "time slots" that we have to work with.
Once while waiting for a passenger, who was late, I was growing impatient as we had to find our slot! She told me when she boarded: "What constitutes a crisis for you is not that important to me."
If I had left her butt on the ramp, it may have changed the priorities for her!
But, there's a lesson here... all of us have our priorities, but they may not be for everyone else.
Is there anyone else like me who hates meetings? I have always said that a camel is a horse that was designed by a committee!
According to Pocket, Tim Cook and Jeff Bozos, two of the most successful men in the world, use a theory called the "Awkward silence," which is a pause after a question to think about the answer.
Maybe it's time for us to practice that art... it has to be learned!.
I always remember my precious school teacher mother who told me many times: "If you can't improve on the silence, keep your mouth shut."
Think about that for a minute.