Google send me 6000 organic visitors in half a day!
This Sunday could be called the "conversion day" on my blog.
It was 11 AM and I was randomly surfing on the internet... and then, I find out that a huge and well-known website from my niche was hacked and redirecting to a 18+ website.Awkward. But then I'm thinking... even though it's a temporary issue, people will probably be as confused as I was and start googling like crazy.
Blog post creation:
I decided to try my luck. I opened Jaaxy and went to the "Saved list" to quickly note down relevant keywords about the topic (I had saved those for a future review on the topic).
I created an ultra-specific title about this "temporary issue" so that people wondering what was happening know the reply was available on that blog post.
And I did write a fast 300 words blog post which I submitted immediately into Google Webmasters for an "express" indexing.
About 60 seconds later... my Google Analytics was spiking close to 50 people active simultaneously on that page. Boom! :)
Blog post engagements and improvements:
The traffic was quite high and people started commenting and asking extra information about the issue.
Here is how I improved results:
1) I replied every comment nearly instantly (while trying to engage conversation at same).
2) I also shared the blog post on social media.
3) I listed all questions they shared on the comment section and added the answers into my blog post (as other people may have the same doubts and google it).
4) I checked the "live traffic" keywords and added all the relevant ones into the blog post. (If you are writing about something which is less time-sensitive, you can do that through Google Webmasters a few days/weeks/months later).
My blog post moved from 300 to 750 words and was including more relevant information and keywords on the topic.
Blog post results after 12 hours:
- I received 6124 organic visits from search engines and other sources (people sharing it on their social media, blog post or email list).
- People engaged on the post with 90+ comments.
- 26 people signed up and confirmed their subscription into my newsletter.
- 4 people were curious and surfed my blog to find my #1 recommendation and ended up being my referral here at Wealthy Affiliate.
- I made four sales for a total of $242.00 on my e-commerce which is above my daily average.
Here is a screenshot from Google Analytics:
Well... That was a great Sunday! I hope yours was productive as well! :)