Here's how to do it.
Click on your Twitter avatar and a drop down menu will appear.
Click on 'lists'.
Look for 'create new list' on the right hand side.
Give your list a name and describe what your list is about. Your description must encourage people to join your list....so make it as enticing as possible.
That's all there is to creating a list.
You now have to compile a list of market leaders in your sector. Just go to Google and put in a few keywords and you will soon have a list of market leaders.
Go back to Twitter and put the name of a market leader in the Twitter search box.
For example, one of my niches is 'retirement'. A market leader in this sector in the UK is Saga. So, for illustrative purposes, lets look at Saga's Twitter site.
Click on 'Lists' in the menu bar. At the time of writing there are eight lists.
Select a list which appears to be the most relevant....in this case 'Saga Lifestyle'
Once you have clicked on 'Saga Lifestyle' you can subscribe to it.
You then have access to a list of subscribers and a list of members who are interested in your marketplace.
By becoming a member of a list you can open a list of tweets posted by members on that list by visiting their Twitter accounts.
By becoming a subscriber to a list you can follow lists without following the individual users of that list.
You cannot post your tweets to a particular person or list.
Building a single list of key influencers in your market place has the following benefits....as well as being free!
- You can open their current offers and tweets very rapidly
- You can learn from the way they interact with their followers and adapt their methods to your own business
- Current news in your industry becomes readily available
- You are able to comment and retweet very easily
- Market leaders in your industry may retweet your tweets to a large number of followers, who are potential, warm customers
The best of luck with your list building!