The Power Of Call To Action In Marketing
Last Update: Jun 7, 2021
When visitors land at your site, they expect a direction on the next step to take; it’s essential to provide a call to action to guide them in the right direction.
A call to action is a phrase meant to entice your visitors to take desire action. However, without a clear CTA, users may be confused about the next step to take.
CTA can be to purchase a product, sign up for a newsletter or access a freebie. In addition, you can use CTA on websites, landing pages, emails, end of a blog post and likes.
Research shows that CTA on landing pages can increase conversion by 80%.
Driving consumers to take action is one of the effective strategies to boost conversion in marketing.
Call to action button
- makes it easy for visitors to understand what action you want from them
- increases the click-through rate
- Easy location of products and services
- Improves user’s experience as they have instant access to the content
- It helps to expand the subscriber’s base
If you want users to take the desired action, you need to have a compelling call to action. The goal is to get visitors interested, so they click the button.
- Make the button colourful.
- Don’t confuse visitors with too many CTA
- Ensure the button text is readable
- State the benefits users will get
- Make it obvious for visitors to identify
- Promise what you can deliver
- Don’t use general words like submit, subscribe, enter etc.
- Include a sense of urgency, shop now, sales closes tonight, few items left in stock etc.
- Try it out free
- Add to cart
- Learn more
- Get 50% off now
- Get started free
- Book now
- Get your free ebook
- Keep reading
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Read more articles
- Claim your coupon
- Start your free trial
Using the first-person text like the ones below is considered to yield a better result.
- Give me access
- Sign me up
- Count me in
- Reserve my spot
- Give me my freebie
- Yes, I’m in
- Save me a spot
Over to you
Do you have a call to action button on your website?
Like, Share your marketing strategies with us in the comment.
See more comments