Broken and Fixed

Last Update: March 29, 2020

I struggled for two long days to “fix” my website after I broke it. I found the issue through our mutual friend Google wo notified me that my site was not mobile friendly. How does that happen! Because of me, of course. Google sent an image to me showing how bad a page looked. Suddenly, this became my new priority.

During my first attempts at finding the issue, I looked for advice here, within Q&A, and posts. I read about solutions, including uninstalling plugins, but none of them worked for me. I tried site support, but my issue was not due to the site, so where to get help.

After almost a day, I left the pc and cleaned out my garage for summer – a task I needed to do anyway.

The garage looks nice.

The website still had work to do.

I was puzzled because my other website has the same theme, plugins, etc. and that site is mobile friendly and looks good on my phone.

I took drastic measures. I changed my theme and Bam! Now the mobile issue is resolved. I suspect that some code got scrambled and caused the issue. I’ve now restored my plugins and behold, everything works again.

Join the Discussion
Write something…
Recent messages
WilsonP Premium
Hi David, pleased you got it sorted. Thanks for sharing.

Wilson

Stay safe, stay well
Reply
DMahen1 Premium
Thanks, Wilson, take care also!
Reply
LarryPutnam Premium
Thanks for sharing & I'm glad it worked out for you!
Reply
DMahen1 Premium
Thanks, Larry, I'm very happy it's back together
Reply
johnnyfaulk1 Premium
Good job.
Reply
DMahen1 Premium
Thanks, Johnny
Reply
marcho88 Premium
Congrats. I am also recieving error messages from Google Console. Need time to fix it.

Glad that yours have been fixed. I may use your method and choose a new theme if needed.

Thank you.

Marc
Reply
DMahen1 Premium
Thanks, Marc
Reply
Top