You Have to DO MORE Than Just Write Articles
Over the last couple of years I have realized just how much work needs to go into making a successful online business.
You don't just write blog posts and have money roll in. These are the other things you will find yourself doing as you grow:
- Learn to navigate social media. It takes time to build an audience there, find stuff to post, comment on other posts, share, and stay active.
- Learn to use different affiliate platforms because they are all different.
- Learn to use an autoresponder/newsletter creator. I am doing this right now and it is a big, confusing job. You will need to learn how to set up an RSS feed and you will have to create newsletters, campaigns. autoresponders......
- Learn to maintain your site, by going over old posts and making sure the products are still available. You have to learn to update your site, possibly change themes.
- Learn to write well and often.
- Learn where to best do research for your niche.
- Study other people in your niche, learn who they are and what they do.
- Get to know your audience and make time to hang out with them.
- Know where to get help when you need it.
- Find images and/or take photos.
- Do accounting by keeping track of sales and expenses.
- Keep yourself on track and organized.
- Learn to navigate google analytics and how to track your traffic/sales somehow
Those are the main things I can think of at the moment. As you can see, it is a full time job!
Can you add anything to the list?