Time To Get Refocused
Joined WA years ago but had a difficult time staying focused or doing anything with the network. Soon after joining I registered a new website and felt good about it. But after a few posts I couldn't think of anything else to write about and ended up letting the domain expire.
As time passed I kept brainstorming new ideas for a website but never registered any of them. I was thinking should I even bother staying with WA? I kept renewing the yearly fee but never made any use of it.
Then last year something interesting happened. One morning I made an espresso (daily tradition) and after taking the first sip I thought about starting a coffee website.
Fast Forward To The Future
My domain was registered over 8 months ago and right now have more than 12 posts.
Been posting at a very slow pace due to a lack of ideas. But not giving up with this. Feel with my knowledge it has lots of potential.
Daily Schedule Was Perfect For This
I was able to design my daily schedule in a way which allows me to be productive.
- Long commute to work in the morning
- Work full speed and multitask when needed
- Keep mind open for website ideas which get recorded in my phones notepad app.
- Lunch break: Head to the gym nearby for 30-45 minutes
- Come back to work and catch up/multitask when needed
- Late afternoon if it slows down, brainstorm more ideas and make note of them as well
- Long commute home from work
- Research the brainstormed ideas to see if they have any potential.
Following this was possible 72%-89% of the time. Some days were very productive while others not so much.
Sometimes Life Takes A Turn
Couple weeks back I was following this schedule on a specific day. Only difference though is before my lunch break I was debating whether or not to go to the gym.
At the very last second I made it a go.
Once arriving to the gym parking lot, I exited my vehicle, locked the doors and entered the facility.
Had an excellent 30 minute workout.
Once finished, I washed my hands, put my jacket on and left.
I then walked towards my vehicle.... only to see it GONE.
For a moment I thought I walked to the wrong row of parked vehicles only to find my vehicle parked elsewhere. That has happened before.
But nope, my car was no where to be seen.
Next I pulled out my keys and held the alarm button - No Response
"Oh no, my car has been stolen..."
What Happened Next?
I actually laughed... at how ridiculous the whole situation was.
- Called my wife who then got to my location in record time
- Called the police to file a police report
- Called my insurance to mention my car was stolen
- Called back the police to find out closest police reporting station
- Checked the gym and furniture store nearby if they had security cameras - None did
- Went to police station to file police report
- Went back to the office to get my stuff
- Called the insurance to give police report number
- Went to a local car rental location to get a rental
- Drove home from there
But that's not all. It's been a couple weeks and I think only a couple more days until all this is over and done with.
My car was declared gone and I'm getting a big portion of its value back.
Problems Interfere With Our Daily Lives
It's interesting how anything can happen anytime. Day before this we finished up a long weekend getaway where we had lots of fun.
During that same weekend I also focused on brainstorming new ideas for my website.
After this incident happened I completely forgot about my website and haven't done anything with it since.
Now It's Time For Change
It's horrible when bad things happen because they distract us from our normal lives.
Feels like it was such a long time ago since I last did anything with my website.
It's time to refocus and get back on track to accomplish something great!