SEOptimization Tips - 3 : Neil Patel's List
SEO Has a Mind of It's Own
There are regular and sometimes big changes in the realm of SEO, and all of us are directly affected by them. After all, most traffic takes the Google route, and when Google amends its algorithms, it changes the way affiliate marketers do business.
Seeking the Fundamental Principles of SEO
There are, however, some fundamental rules that do not change. Is choosing the right keywords as opposed to selecting keywords with the only aim of getting organic traffic, the way to go? What about link building? How vital are titles and meta descriptions? Are images important or videos score better?
Neil Patel is a formidable name in the world of Internet Marketing. He is the co-founder of NP Digital and Subscribers. The Wall Street Journal calls him a top influencer on the web, Forbes says he is one of the top 10 marketers, and Entrepreneur Magazine says he created one of the 100 most brilliant companies. Neil is a New York Times bestselling author and was recognized as a top 100 entrepreneur under the age of 30 by President Obama and a top 100 entrepreneur under the age of 35 by the United Nations.
The Top10 Most Important SEO Tips From Neil Patel
In an article titled "The 10 Most Important SEO Tips You Need to Know" Neil Patel evaluates and lists the 10 most important tips for good SEO. That list is given below:
- Remove anything that slows down your site.
- Link to other websites with relevant content.
- Write for humans first, search engines second.
- Encourage other trustworthy sites to link to you.
- Have web analytics in place at the start.
- Write unique and relevant meta descriptions for every page.
- Use readable and meaningful URLs of 2-4 words only.
- Build momentum with social (media channels) signals.
- Use the right keywords in your images.
- Create & publish unique content consistently to improve your rankings.
In the words of the man himself:
"If you pay attention to these important SEO tips, I guarantee that you’ll create better content, drive more organic traffic, acquire more leads, and grow your revenue."
Paying attention to these issues will also ensure that your SEO is done right:
- Age of a domain matters
- Update old posts or at least 301 redirect it to a fresher article which is relevant.
- Create content around long-tail search phrases
- Quality over quantity in link building.
- Make sure your pages are mobile friendly.
Today's blog on Neil Patel's list of SEO essentials is a good start for anyone who wants to be careful about their SEOptimization.
Good Luck with your SEO.
Please Watch This Space Sometimes
I hope to be able to provide tips and reminders about how we can improve our SEO. Do check in for some valuable and fun tips, periodically.