The First Step to Build An Online Authority
Yesterday, I learned a priceless lesson about the first step to build an online authority after reading the book entitled the 7 Day Start Up by Dan Norris.
So what is the lesson?
He developed his origin story.
It's difficult to establish credit and become believable to an audience of people. Dan was smart when he applied the strategy of sharing his origin story detailing the growth of his online authority through times.
A compelling origin story makes your audience a better way to connect with you and your business. Because they believe it's a living perk run by real people, who are ready to bring you actual value.
To make a long story short, consider the following questions while building your origin story:
- What is unique about your business?
- How did the business idea arise?
- What led the business owners to take the plunge?
- What problem are they trying to solve?
- How has their business evolved?
- Do people think it's cool? How is it cool?
I am on my way to work with those questions and hope to get some good results.
Thanks for your reading and feel free to share your own methods. I love to read them.