Give and take needs some give and take!
Hiya, to my creative companions!
I wanted to talk about the Give and Take Comments Thread, which is a great way to get comments on posts we have written, which are not yet getting organic comments online. Yes, it skews the rankings, but if your site's keywords haven't ranked, like mine, it is a great way to fake it till you make it...!
Here is the link: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/authoring-writing-content/th...
I have noticed that while I take the time to read through a post and leave a valuable comment, the same, unfortunately, is not true in reverse. The whole point of leaving a comment is to help the site gain authority, and ultimately, rank. In doing so, it is best to follow the guidelines that Kyle talks about:
- The comments need to be absolutely relevant to the post, and not too vague, as though the comment could be copied and pasted into any other post.
- Please make the comment longer than one sentence. I get a lot of comments that are just one sentence long, which isn't nearly long enough. A couple of sentences, relevant to specifics, is much better. I realize it takes a few seconds longer, but ultimately, is what this is all about.
- If you are not going to take the time to make sure your sentence structure is correct, or that the punctuation is correct, then please don't leave a comment.
- Another key point that Kyle talks about is leaving a comment that uses key words from the post -- mentioning an item that is an affiliate link, or talking specifically about one of the items that are being reviewed and why you like that item, etc.
- Lastly, the more detailed you can get with a comment, relating back to the post, is key.
I'm not asking for a short story, but please reconsider how comments are created. Here is another training article that may be helpful: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/training/how-to-leave-an-ama...
If we are taking the time to create content and and are seriously trying to build our businesses, then please consider the value that your comment can bring to someone's site!
If you have any suggestions on how to leave a valued comment, please let me know in the "comments" below, and thanks!