Broken Link Checker Plugin Now Works
Back when I first moved my personal blog over to the WA servers, this plugin (Broken Link Checker by WPMU DEV) that I relied on a LOT for informing me of any broken links on all of my websites (even my client’s sites hosted elsewhere), was found to not work properly.
Had guessed that it was due to the security scripts that were on the WA hosting servers at that time. Being thankful for the heightened security of the WA servers, I simply removed this plugin. Though I have to admit, I have missed it.
That’s when we were force to do our broken link checking manually, as Loes’ showed us in her blog titled How to Check and Fix Broken Links. However, this method was a LOT more demanding of my time.
Please, don’t get me wrong, I was very thankful that there was a way to be able to check for broken links, but BOY was it time consuming.
Because of that… this task, I tended to put off for long enough periods of time that EVERYTIME that I did check for broken links (maybe 3 times a year), I would spend at least an hour, fixing them.
Recently during reading over a conversation on WA question that was posted, I discovered one of the members mentioning using a link checker plugin.
That is when I decide to try out reinstalling this plugin on BOTH my sites immediately, praying it would work properly; As originally when used on the WA hosting servers, this plugin kept reporting EVERY link as being broken when they were not.
Well, it’s been several weeks now and “YEAAAAAH!”, I’m happy to report that this valuable plugin IS working wonders for me now.
You may want to give this plugin serious consideration for trying. Imagine, no more need of manually checking for broken links… unless, of course you want to!