- Tracking in Google Analytics and filtering Referral Spam from Historical Reports
Tracking in Google Analytics and filtering Referral Spam from Historical Reports
Last Update: November 30, 2015
I will show you what I did to stop Google Analytics from tracking your visits to your website.
Here are the steps,
- Go to the admin tab of your site, select Filters,
- Click + NEW FILTER
- Configure the filter,
- Filter Name- Name your filter, for example, IP filter
- Filter Type- Check Predefined filter
- From the drop down menus, select
- IP address~ enter your IP address, for example, 123.456.789.12
- You can find your IP address from visiting www.whatsmyip.org
- Save and Google analytics now stop tracking your visits to your own website.