Managing a Full Time Job and an Internet Marketing Business
Last Update: October 14, 2012
Determine Your True Goals
Working a full time job will leave you with only 15 minutes to several hours a day to build your internet marketing business.
Know your goals so that you can schedule projects to achieve what you want to accomplish. You will not be able to do everything. So choices have to be made.
Schedule an hour or two of quiet time to write your goals.
- Write what your personal, health, knowledge, family, financial and business goals are.
- Write your goals in the present tense.
- I earn more per month from my internet marketing business than my day job.
- My internet marketing business bought me a Volvo.
- My family is taking a vacation to Disney World from my internet marketing income next January.
Before you can quit your day job you will need to match your current income to stay at the same life style. So, one of your goals should be to match your current day job income.
My personal Internet Marketing Business goal is that in several years I will be able to move into Internet Marketing full time and retire from my day job.
- Write the reasons why you want to achieve these goals.
- Create a timeline of what you can achieve in one week, month, year and five years.
- Create a clear vision of what your life will look like five years from now.
- Next to each goal write the steps that you will need to take to achieve the goals.
- Write one blog post daily.
- Learn to use Wordpress.
- Schedule time daily for working on your business.
- Prioritize your goals.
What do you want to accomplish first?
How much monthly do you want to begin earning?
To accomplish your internet marketing goals you will need to use some powerful tools. The most important resource for you will be your WA membership.
Each week take advantage of reading tutorials, blog posts and watching the WAbinars.
Once you understand why you are going into Internet Marketing and have clear goals you will need to organize and manage your work flow.