How to Set Up Word Press Locally Using WAMP Server
Last Update: June 26, 2012
- You should have all of your WordPress files in your c://wamp/www/yoursitename directory by now. If not, do so now.
- In your web browser, navigate to http://localhost/WATest/. Here's what you should see.
- Click on “Create a Configuration File” then click on “Let's Go” on the next screen and provide the information requested. You should have all this information from the setup work you did previously. You can leave “Table Prefix” blank if you don't plan to run more than one WordPress installs in a single database.
- Click “Submit” You should see this window. Click “Run the Install”. You should get a successful install and be prompted to create your login user name and password.
- Enter your information and click install. In a few moments, you'll see the Success page.
- Click Login, and you're ready to roll!