How to make a tough choice with the Weighted Decision Matrix
Identifying the factors that are common between all of the options in your decision isn't as scary as it sounds.
What issues are important to you when making this decision?
Let's take a look at the example problem: choosing between a niche website or becoming a WA affiliate.
Here are some of the factors that I might consider including in my decision:
- Which choice will potentially make me the most money in the long run?
- Which choice is more certain to make money?
- Which choice will be the easiest to write content for?
- Which choice appeals to me more?
- Which choice is likely to keep me motivated to keep at it over months?
You might have your own ideas on which factors you'd choose - why not leave a comment? You might help struggling members to decide on their path!
So now that I've distilled the deciding factors into a list, I'm going to shorten them to words I can use in my matrix (this will all become clear on the next page):
Now that I know what my choices are and the common factors between them, I can plug them into a simple matrix to score against.
Next: The Simple Decision Matrix (click the Next Page button below)