JUNK BLOGGING for rank? Is it becoming kinda like SPAM?
OK. I bit on the 90 DAY CHALLENGE because I found the following benefits:
- I love a way to keep myself honest. (I already blog daily on my website to ensure I grow my content.)
- I would love to see what other people do in a day, a month, 3 months. (I get new idea almost every time someone shares their system/work style and I read a TON of your blogs)
- I got a grip on the blog volume myself by resetting my email settings so I wasn't thinking more sensitively about those who haven't. I only have 1400 followers but the blog numbers were already way too much for me. (However I still read blogs, everybody - I SWEAR PEOPLE! I just go to activity and read them without being forced to delete so many every day.)
- 90 Days can sometimes pass with no FEELING of progress if you don't track it. (I think it's just a cool little idea to watch the time suck, which has absolutely been a challenge for me and I'm a seasoned "work at home" business person.)
HOWEVER, PERHAPS THE BLOGS AREN'T THE PLACE FOR THIS COOL LITTLE IDEA?
- I think the 90 Day Blogs are pissing people off. Plain and simple.
- Who wants that? That's the last thing I want to do. Is it seeming kind of like BLOG-SPAM to people?
- I especially don't want to be seen as the blogger striving for any "Cheap Pop"... not here anyway LOL. It can really lower the respect some of the OG's might otherwise have for your contributions, and you as a business person.
- And the top guys who continually blog REAL HELPFUL CONTENT here are super important. I value their opinion.
- As Boomer said, I don't think any body appreciates "RANK SPANKING".
- I would call it JUNK BLOGGING. It helps your rank because the ranking system doesn't know if you're talking about what came out of your chicken that day, or what came out of your website. BUT IT IS A LITTLE SILLY, AND OBVIOUS... and irritating. I can totally see that. (Of course, if I was still getting blog emails I would just be - again- deleting the ones I didn't need and the 90 day Challengers are really obvious.)
IT'S TAKEN ME 7 MONTHS TO GET MY 102 RANK - NO BIG DEAL - NO PREMATURE RUSH
- Do I suck at speed? I don't care. I don't know if I really NEED to rank unless I REALLY deserve it. I don't think I want to get it "cheaply".
- "POWER-RANKING" is obviously a bit of self-aggrandizement for shameless self-promotion. Especially at the rate of 3 blogs a day.
- Why don't we just not inundate the system with random stuff to climb up in rank?
- If we have that much time we could absolutely put it into our own websites, like Nathaniell said, THEN COME BACK HERE AND HAVE SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT!
- When I came here I looked to the top 25 (AMBASSADORS) as people who:
- Knew enough to help me.
- Had time to help me.
- Would be kind enough to help me
AND THEY DID HELP, IMMENSELY! EVERY TIME I ASKED, AND QUICKLY.
If the Ambasssadors were "POWER-RANKING" with "JUNK BLOGS" could they truly have been of so much help to me?
I doubt it.
The Challenge blogs are kind of junk. Let's face it. It's work related, but it's a bit of junk too, honestly. Like hanging around the water cooler just BSing about work while other people are grinding away nearby... it's kinda bothersome at the extreme.
Anyway, I'm backing away from the Challenge in terms of blogging. I may keep the checklist going on my own, and do an update somewhere down the line. But thanks to everyone who was so cool and supportive! If any of you want to do a private challenge with me just private message me and lets form a little group or something! I'm all about discipline and I'll help anyone in any way I can.