Telemarketing Vs. Affiliate Marketing
Last Update: Dec 29, 2015
I'm writing this blog to show you the comparisons between these two types of marketing.
First I will be starting with telemarketing. Telemarketing has been around for quite some time, perhaps even before I was born, but in my opinion it is the worst type of marketing that ever existed. I know from my personal experience. There are a lot more cons than pros.
Pros Of Telemarketing:
- You don't have to work nights or weekends for the most part.
- You get to choose your own schedule.
- If you're really good at it, you can make pretty decent commissions, but you have to be super good.
Cons Of Telemarketing:
- You have to meet certain quotas, or otherwise you will be asked to resign.
- It involves cold calling. (I don't like this).
- You always have to worry about a boss hovering over you to check your performance.
- You get a whole lot more nos than yeses.
- You have to sell over the phone.
- If you don't make commissions, you only get the base pay which is just a little above minimum wage.
Before I get into comparing affiliate marketing, I want to tell you about my personal experience with telemarketing.
My last telemarketing position was just this past September. This particular job involved calling executive administrative assistants to subscribe to an annual newsletter. It was a four day training. Guess what? I only lasted three out of the four days. I was asked to resign, because I wasn't able to meet their required quotas. The worst part about this was that I quit my retail job, just to work there because I thought it was going to be convenient. It was just a few days after, I started doing affiliate marketing with WA.
Affiliate marketing has a lot more pros than cons.
Pros Of Affiliate Marketing:
- There are tons of niches to choose from.
- You don't have to worry about selling over the phone.
- No upsells
- You don't have to worry about a boss hovering over you.
- There is no limit to how much revenue you can earn.
- You get to work at your own pace.
- No travelling involved (work from the comfort of your home)
- Sell anything you want pertaining to your niche.
- There is unlimited support in the Wealthy Affiliate Community.
Cons Of Affiliate Marketing:
- It involves a lot of training.
- It involves a lot of time and effort to really make the profit you desire.
- Sometimes you don't generate a lot of traffic to your site (depends on your niche).
- You have to upgrade to Premium Membership to receive unlimited training and support.
Well, this sums up the comparisons between telemarketing and affiliate marketing. As you can see affiliate marketing is much better than telemarketing.
I wish everyone here at the WA community a healthy and prosperous New Year and much success to your online businesses.