Traits of Successful People - It Begins With Passion
I was going thru some of my old notes from some training that I had done in 2008 and came across these notes. I thought it might be worth sharing here. (I tried to clean them up - but if I missed --oops on me.)
After 10 years of research, Richard St John identified 8 common traits shared by successful people. These traits form the foundation for success, wealth, and greatness. All are easily applied to our everyday lives.
1. Passion. Discover what you love to do and pursue it. Chase love, not money and money will follow.
2. Work. You must work very hard. But when you love what you are doing, it doesn't feel like work.
3. Focus. Successful people say you must focus on one thing and one thing only. Discover the ability to ignore distractions and concentrate.
4. Push. Push yourself through obstacles such as self-doubt.
5. Ideas. Come up with ideas to solve problems and take advantage of opportunities. Anybody can be creative.
6. Improve. Successful people do not rest on their laurels. They are always looking for ways to improve themselves.
7. Serve. You must serve something of value to other people. Focus on the people you serve and listen to what they have to say.
8. Persist. Do not cave in to adversity. Persist through the rough times, failures, criticism, and mistakes.
Moving into what may be one of the most challenging years in your history that we know of, are you ready to succeed?
Are the 8 traits above evidenced in you or are you waiting for "it" to happen?
Your success in 2017 lies in your hands. It is not what the individual next to you or in the company down the street said or did, but it is what you do with each opportunity that comes your way.
The more you work, the more opportunities will come.
The more you stay focused and improve, the more persistent you will be, thus creating new ideas and opportunities.
As you persist, you will be able to push through those obstacles which surprise you along the way. In all this, you will be serving your customer.
The number one trait of all this, in my opinion is the passion.
However, with it must come the attitude to serve.
These two go hand in hand. But when we loose the passion for what we do, we may as well go find a new career. We will fail without passion. Read what others have said about passion, then ask yourself -"Do I have the passion for...." You fill in the blank for whatever position you are in.
My passions were all gathered together like fingers that made a fist. Drive is considered aggression today; I knew it then as purpose. Bette Davis (1908 - 1989), The Lonely Life, 1962
Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot. D. H. Lawrence (1885 - 1930)
Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784)
Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion. George Wilhelm, O Magazine, September 2003
Waste no more time talking about great souls and how they should be. Become one yourself! Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD)
Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), O Magazine, September 2003
It's the soul's duty to be loyal to its own desires. It must abandon itself to its master passion. Rebecca West (1892 - 1983)
What makes the engine go? Desire, desire, desire. Stanley Kunitz, O Magazine, September 2003
Passion kept one fully in the present, so that time became a series of mutually exclusive 'nows.' Sue Halpern, O Magazine, September 2003