Home Biz Time 8: More Ideas To Save Money
The bottom line here is to remember the formula for determining profit:
Income – Expenses = Profit.
Idea #3: Don’t spend unnecessary advertising dollars.
So many times new entrepreneurs will start out running PPC advertising with absolute abandon.
They will choose every single key word and phrase possible and then let the PPC
advertisements run 24/7. This is a huge waste of advertising dollars.
You need to learn to read the statistics that are provided to you by search engines and gear your advertisements to only appear in search results under very controlled circumstances and only during specific hours.
It isn’t hard to run up a PPC bill of several thousand dollars in a very short period of time and not make a single sale in the process.
Idea #4: Take full advantage of free advertising to build your business and your credibility.
There are free ways to advertise that are almost as effective as PPC advertising and paid-for advertising in E-zines and newsletters.
Some of these free advertising methods are:
- Write E-books and articles and submit them to E-book repositories and article banks for others to use free of charge. (These articles and E-books are accompanied by your resource box and includes your name and your website address.)
- Post to blogs and forums that are related to the products and services that you sell. You post above a signature that includes your name and your website address.
- A banner exchange with another website owner who promotes products and services that are complimentary to the products and services you sell is yet another method of free advertising.
- Build a long and impressive opt-in list. Email advertising is free but you need the recipient’s permission to send advertising emails.
- Learn to make your email advertisements viral. There are a great many techniques that can be used to encourage the recipients of your advertising emails to share them with friends and family.
Idea #5: Sign up with a good flat-rate long distance telephone service.
The internet is a worldwide place of business and it isn’t hard to run up a long distance bill of several thousand dollars pretty quickly. A flat-rate long distance telephone service can save you a lot of money over time.
It’s great to increase income when you can but you can always find ways to decrease expenses if you look for them. When you spend less, you make more and that will blow your competitors away!
Well that's it for this subject for now!
I could go on and on for months if I wanted to.
Like I said before, there are tons of resources available on time management and productivity. Make it a habit to read about it on a regular basis.
I hope the blog posts on productivity and money saving helped you in any way.
If you have any questions on this subject, please don't hesitate to ask
What are your thoughts?