25 things I never regret doing, How about you?
We can’t really control how life plays out, we might have plans, but usually, the hand of destiny sweeps in and changes all of our nicely packaged and perfectly ordered of our life, leaving us wondering if we’ve made a wrong turn somewhere. Truthfully, we can’t ever really know, so why worry?
We don’t know how much time we really have on this planet, in this existence, so do regrets really have a purpose? They only serve to make us speculate and second-guess ourselves when we could experience the ultimate freedom of living life to the fullest with no intention of looking back instead.
1. SAYING THREE LITTLE WORDS, THAT CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING
If you feel it in your heart, tell someone you love them. Life’s too short to hide your true feelings
2. TAKING SILLY PICTURES WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
You might regret them at the moment, but later, you’ll find that those are some of your best memories, and you get to look at them whenever you want
3. GOING ON A SPONTANEOUS ROAD TRIP WITH NO PARTICULAR DESTINATION IN MIND.
Why have plans? Just go, and see where life takes you
4. CHASING YOUR DREAMS What else are we here for, anyway, except to follow our hearts and become the best versions of ourselves?
5. SEEING THE BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING.
Look around you, look within you, and breathe. Slow down and notice the little things, because those will be the big things later on.
6. LOVING WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART.
This includes loving yourself unconditionally, too. Give love fully, receive love fully; it’s scary, but there’s no other way to truly experience life in all its glory.
7. NOT HOLDING BACK AN OUNCE OF YOUR BEING.
Just because some people can’t handle you, doesn’t mean you should ever stop being yourself.
8. BEING YOURSELF, EVEN WHEN THE WORLD TRIES TO TAME YOU.
Run free and wild; the right people will run right along with you.
9. ACTING BEFORE THINKING.
This world thinks far too much; just go with your instincts, and don’t look back.
10. SMILING AT STRANGERS.
Smiling never hurt anyone, and you might just make someone’s day with your beautiful smile.
11. GIVING PEOPLE COMPLIMENTS.
Lift people up, make them happy and don’t ever stop doing it.
12. QUITTING A JOB YOU HATE.
Why work somewhere that doesn’t make you 100% happy? Quit, and find something you can’t wait to do each day.
13. CHOOSING HAPPINESS EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE
No matter what happens, see the silver lining in every situation. It will make life much easier.
14. FACING YOUR BIGGEST FEARS.
Fear doesn’t exist; we just make it up in our heads. Let this empower you to go beyond yourself.
15. TAKING TIME FOR YOU.
Self-care is vital to one’s health; don’t ever feel selfish for taking care of you.
16. ACTING LIKE A KID WHEN EVERYONE TELLS YOU TO GROW UP.
We take our lives far too seriously, so play in the sand, roll around in the grass, get a little lost, and never stop exploring.
17. OPENING UP TO PEOPLE DESPITE THE WALLS YOU’VE BUILT AROUND YOUR HEART.
After a while, we tend to close ourselves off to new people in fear of getting hurt. But, when you shut out people, you shut out love. Try leaving a tiny crack in those walls so someone worthy of your love can find a way into your heart.
18. GIVING PEOPLE A SECOND CHANCE.
Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, so don’t write them off entirely. Give them another try.
19. BECOMING YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND.
Love yourself like you’ve never loved anyone else before; your relationship with yourself sets the stage for every other relationship in your life.
20. BEING ABLE TO LAUGH AT YOURSELF.
No one’s perfect, so stop expecting that from yourself. Laugh at your flaws and mistakes and others will probably laugh with you.
21. GOING TO ALL THE CONCERTS YOU POSSIBLY CAN.
Music sets the soul on fire, so spend your money to see your favorite people in concert. What do you have to lose?
22. LEARNING NEW THINGS.
If we aren’t learning, we aren’t living. Keep an open mind, and stay curious.
23. EATING JUNK FOOD EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.
A healthy diet (most of the time) is wonderful. Restricting yourself from foods you really love is painful. Find a balance.
24. STARGAZING WITH YOUR FAVORITE PEOPLE.
We live in such a vast, complex, fascinating universe. When you look up at the stars, you will remember just how small and big you are at the same time.
25. LIVING WHILE YOU CAN.
Life’s too short to worry it away. Just set your soul free, and watch the miracles that happen.